Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hellasocks

Being a new runner, running gear topped my Christmas wish list.  I believe one thing that might be universal among runners is that they love socks.  So if you're looking for a gift for a runner, try finding some great innovative socks!

First on the list is what I gave.  I got to participate in the Secret Santa gift exchange on the DailyMile.com.  I gifted a festive pair of Injinji ECO performance toe socks.  The cool thing about these socks is that the feature an anatomical 5 toe design which is supposed to help with posture and balance.  I thought that they looked pretty cool so I ordered my wife a pair too for her Christmas socking!  She says that they are really comfortable.  I think I might have to try out a pair of these in the future.

I received two types of socks for Christmas.  The first is a brand called Feetures!  My wife found these multi-sport ultra light cushioning socks at a local running shop and picked up 4 pair for me for Christmas.  At first I was a little bummed because the style she bought were no show which I've had problems with in the past.  Typically with no show shocks the back of my shoe will rub agains the back of my ankle and causes discomfort.  However these no shows have a tab in the back -- BINGO!  These socks feature a seamless toe and are light weight to boot.  I've only used them on the treadmill so far and I've got to say that I do like them.  I think they'll be great on shorter runs when the weather warms up a bit.

The second type of sock that I received for Christmas were PowerSox.  I first heard about PowerSox from an ad I saw in Runners World.  They were offering a free pair of socks on their web site so I signed up for a pair.  Once I used them on a few runs I was hooked.  My mom gave me 2 pair of PowerSox APF Lo-Cut.  These socks feature an anatomical design for the right and left foot (each sock is marked with a L or R) and are more of a mid weight sock without any bulk.  I think these will come in handy on my long runs!

So did you get any socks for Christmas?  What are your favs?

No comments:

Post a Comment