Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oklahoma is the place to RUN!

It's official! Tonight I signed up for my 1st marathon -- the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon! I've got 17 weeks to train and I've already logged a few long runs (8 - 12 miles) in the past month. I'm excited and a little nervous but I've got plenty of time to get trained up.

Here are my goals for the race. First, just finish. Since this is my first marathon I figured this is a pretty good goal! Second, finish in under 4 hours. Based upon a few race calculators I think that 3 hours 50 minutes is achievable...that's my third (stretch) goal.

I intend to use this blog as a way to document my journey to OKC. You'll be able to keep up with my training and other thoughts on running right here!




3 comments:

  1. If you wear your new socks and hat you should be able to run it in no more than 3 hr 45 min.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 hours 45 minutes would be a 8:35/mile pace...that's 5 sec/mile faster than what I was training for my HALF!

    ReplyDelete